Tuesday 10 June 2014

My Go- To Clubbing Look

I rarely go Clubbing these days but when I do I of course want to try and look my best, and hey getting ready before hand is half the fun anyway Right? Heres my go- to look!


I always start off my base with a primer- the last thing I want is my makeup sliding off after 30 minutes of entreating the club. The Elf mineral infused primer works great as a base and is super affordable. When going out I aways opt for full coverage, so the Mac Studio Finish foundation in NC15 is my pick, followed by the pro-longwear concealer to prevent creasing and dark circles under my eyes. The Australis Fresh and flawless is my favourite setting powder so I'll follow by buffing that into my skin to set all my liquids into place and give me the matte finish that I love. In my opinion, nothing is more flattering then using a good matte bronzer to sculpt out the face and Hoola by Benefit is the perfect shade, a must have in my routine. Ill use it to contour the hollows of my cheeks followed by some slight contouring of my nose. I will then add colour to my cheeks using Nars Orgasm Blush and top it all off with a beautiful highlight using Mac's mineralise skin finish in Soft and Gentle.


Moving onto eyes, the Naked palette is a dear friend of mine and my typical look for a night out is a smokey crease with light lids. To achieve this I start off with the Maybelline colour tattoo in Too Cool all over the lid and then work the darkest colours from the palette into my crease and lower lash line. It wouldn't be me without having a thick winged liner so of course I use my Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof liner followed by the fabulous They're Real mascara by Benefit for bold lashes. And how could I forget the brows! The Mac brow pencil in Lingering is a wonderful product and doesn't look to dark for my blonde hair - love it!


And lastly, the finishing touches. Obviously I curled my lashes before applying my mascara, Ill then always apply false lashes to get the thick dramatic look I love. Before applying my Mac lipstick in Rebel, I'll give them a good scrub using the Lush Bubblegum lip scrub (yum!). And to set all my makeup in place I'll give my face a good spritz of the Mac Fix- Plus Spray, and voila! Ready to party.


Heres some photos out and about rocking this look! If only getting a decent clubbing photo was as easy right? If you have any going out rituals or products you recommend for clubbing please do share! 

Monique xx

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that lippy shade!!! :) Great look - Dramatic, yet natural as well.. The best of both world x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Rebel's definitely one of my favourite lipsticks :) x

      Delete
  2. Looking hot and gorgeous Mon ♡ I'm so envious of you or any gal who has the patience and skill to apply false lashes - I've tried twice and failed both times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! I was a shocker at first with lashes too, try cutting them in half and applying one half at a time- makes it so much easier! :) x

      Delete
  3. Monique, you create the most gorgeous look for a night out. You are the winged liner master!
    While I am commenting, I would like to ask if you would consider choosing the next theme for the Come Play With Me series. This is where you would choose any makeup theme, and then any beauty bloggers who want to get involved join in, posting the links of their version in the comment section of your blog post, explained more here http://indieanna1.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/come-play-with-me-mad-about-mattes.html
    Would love it if you could join in, but totally understand if you can't, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why of course I would love to!! Thankyou for the offer, I'll see what I can whip up in the next few days, stay tuned :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I can't wait, hun xx

      Delete